The Geotechnical department of GOSL is responsible for deploying Geotechnical Soil boring Rigs, CPT Machines, Drop Corers and Box Corers to collect soil samples offshore and carryout Soil Laboratory Analysis based on client scope of work. Geotechnical investigation is a critical aspect of offshore infrastructure installation works. GOSL has the capacity to carryout Geotechnical investigations from mud line to 100m below sea bed or as may be required by client. Some critical investigations include the following:
- Load bearing capacities of piles for subsea structures.
- Shallow geology for pipeline installation works offshore.
- Cone Penetration tests
- Atterberg limits of soil properties.
- Density of soil properties
- Subsoil investigation for subsea channel HDD crossings.
- Rig Stability for offshore position analysis.
- Deep offshore water borehole drilling and many more.
- Laboratory Services.
- Soil Resistivity Tests. etc
The department is manned by very experienced Geotechnical Consultants who have proven records in the Oil and Gas Industry.