The purpose of this Corporate Social Responsibility policy (“the Policy”) is to ensure G.O.S.L Nig Ltd, its affiliates and associated companies consistently operate in a manner that minimizes detrimental impacts to society and on the environment.
The Policy applies to all directors, officers and employees of G.O.S.L Nig Ltd. All contractors, subcontractors and individuals acting in any capacity for or on behalf of the G.O.S.L Nig Ltd shall be made aware of this policy.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd is committed to the establishment and maintenance of best practice environmental, safety, and occupational health programmes, programmes designed to protect the environment and health of our employees, our clients, and the communities where we operate. G.O.S.L Nig Ltd strives not only to comply with laws and regulations, but also to demonstrate responsible environmental stewardship and maintain a positive relationship with our community stakeholders. G.O.S.L Nig Ltd recognises that operational, economic, environmental, public, and social concerns are all integrally linked to G.O.S.L Nig Ltd’s future mission.
Social responsibility refers to the activities and associated responsibilities G.O.S.L Nig Ltd holds where an impact on society and the environment may be caused (i.e. behaviour of G.O.S.L Nig Ltd concerning our impact on others and the natural environment). This includes issues relating to the environment, human rights, labour practices, organisational governance, fair business practices, business ethics, community involvement and social development.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd shall ensure sustainable development (i.e. that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) through the adoption of acceptable balances between the priorities of economic development, social progress and environmental protection.
GOOD CORPORATE CITIZEN
With the mission of “Caring and Serving our Community”, G.O.S.L Nig Ltd provides:
- A commitment to the community
- Reasonable and practical financial assistance, sponsored programmes and donations to a wide range of educational, charitable, cultural, community, and environmental causes in Nigeria
- Community support through the sponsorship of worthy initiatives in the field of education and health programmes
- Corporate sponsorship in support of innovative and caring community programmes and services for deprived community groups; and
- The mobilisation and organisation of our employees to provide corporate community volunteer services.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd is strongly committed to high standards of ethics and integrity in all aspects of our business and to ensuring our affairs are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. When carrying out their duties all employees of G.O.S.L Nig Ltd are required to act impartially and responsibly, and not give preferential treatment to any organizations or individuals.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd will at all times strive to provide high level of service in the event of social disorder, natural disasters, and other emergencies. During such periods the full support of all employees of G.O.S.L Nig Ltd is expected in coping with such emergencies.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd maintains a strong level of community involvement and fully supports community activities.
CODE OF BUSINESS ETHICS
This code applies to all of the operations of G.O.S.L Nig Ltd and sets out the minimum standards which G.O.S.L Nig Ltd expects from staff in their internal and external dealings with colleagues, customers, stakeholders and third parties.
Basic Standards of Conduct
- We will conduct every aspect of our business with honesty, integrity and openness, respecting human rights and the interests of our employees, customers and third parties.
- We will respect the legitimate interests of third parties with whom we have dealings in the course of our business.
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity “for example, we will not promise more than we can reasonably deliver or make commitments we cannot or do not intend to keep.”
No G.O.S.L Nig Ltd staff shall offer, give, seek or receive, either directly or indirectly, inducements or other improper advantages for business or financial gain and no employee may offer, give, seek or receive any gift or payment which is, or could be construed as, such. If an employee is in any doubt as to whether he or she may accept an offer, that employee should discuss the issue with his or her manager and the Corporate Affairs Manager.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd accounting and other records and supporting documents must accurately describe and reflect the nature of the underlying transactions.
No undisclosed or unrecorded account, fund or asset will be established or maintained.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd will not facilitate, support, tolerate or condone any form of money laundering.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd shall:
- Proactively consider the interests of society at large and the economic development of host communities
- Enhance positive and minimize negative impacts on society
- Serve society in an ethical and lawful manner
- Contribute to a sustainable world
- Ensure sustainable development as part of our societal role
- Operate in an environmentally friendly manner
- Consider social impacts resulting from potential environmental consequences of actions
- Operate in conformance with Nigerian labour practices
- Provide a working environment which applies and conforms to recognised occupational safety and health standards
- Promote positive ethical behavior throughout our sphere of influence (i.e. towards the environment, community, clients, employees and investors);
- Integrate social responsibilities within core management systems and decision-making processes; and
- Not indulge in any form of corruption, including extortion and bribery.
G.O.S.L NIG LTD shall:
- Aim to exemplify best industry practice and give high priority to the protection of the environment by ensuring our activities and initiatives respect, promote and advance internationally recognized environmental principles, commitments and responsibilities
- Ensure our business complies with the letter and spirit of all relevant environmental legislation and mandatory standards and where none exist to follow good practice
- Consider the environmental impacts of our services
- Minimize the extent to which we use carbon dependent sources of energy (e.g. diesel generators) and other natural resources (e.g. water)
- Identify and evaluate our businesses environmental effects and controls and manage those effects which have been identified as significant
- Communicate to our clients and employees of GOSL’s Corporate Social Responsibility Policy pertaining to performing operations in an environmentally responsible manner
- Embrace sustainable development through good environment management
- Support new technology which has the potential to provide long-term environmental benefits.
G.O.S.L Nig Ltd shall closely monitor and comply with all pertinent environmental legislative and regulatory requirements. To minimise environmental impact, the G.O.S.L Nig Ltd will continually address key environmental areas in a sustained and measured manner based on best practice.
- Achieving optimum consumption of energy and water supplies through energy-efficient processes
- Using environmentally effective methods to reduce waste production.
- Recycling material where such options are available for use.
- Ensuring non-recyclable materials are disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner
- Ensuring environmental best practices are communicated to all employees
- Committing to continuous improvement by way of monitoring the environmental impacts of business activities and measuring the performance of our environmental initiatives
G.O.S.L NIG LTD shall:
- Invest in community affairs and functions
- Respect cultural and social differences
- Ensure activities respect, promote and advance internationally recognised principles for community involvement
- Strive to have a positive impact on people, cultures and communities in which we operate
- Be respectful of local and indigenous people, their values, traditions and culture
- Ensure communities in which we operate are informed, in a timely manner of, and are involved in the organizational developments which affect them.
CSR carried out in 2019
GOSL supported an NGO known as ProjectPinkBlue in 2019 to organize Lagos Cancer walk on 2nd of November, 2019. The 3km walk commenced from LTV/Radio Lagos Lateef Jakande, Agidingbi, Ikeja to Allen roundabout and back to Radio Lagos arena.
The focus of the programme was to raise awareness on cervical, breast and prostate cancer and to also conduct free cervical, breast and prostate cancer screening, over 164 people benefitted from the free cancer screening.